Edited 25.03.2011 to match current version of Logitech SetPoint.
If you use a Logitech keyboard with media keys (such as my Logitech Elite Media Keyboard), you might need to do some tweaking to make the media keys work with Spotify (play, pause, stop, skip). This tweak assumes that you use the latest version of Logitech SetPoint (currently v 6.20.50) in Windows 7 (Vista may also work).
You will probably notice that media keys work well when the Spotify window has focus, while they work unreliably (may pause but not play again) when the window is either minimized or behind other windows.
The procedure to fix this is as follows:
- Close Logitech SetPoint by right-clicking the icon in the system tray.
- Open notepad as administrator (right click and Run as administrator).
- In notepad, open the file "C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPointP\players.ini" (your folder may be named SetPoint instead of SetPointP on older versions or upgrades). (Hint: If you don't see the file, you must select "All Files" in the drop down that says "Text Documents)
- At the end of the section [Players], add the following line:
- Save the file. (If this fails or the Save As dialog pops up, this is probably because you didn’t run notepad as admin. Since this is inside the Program Files directory, you need to be admin to edit.)
- Launch SetPoint again ("Mouse and Keyboard Settings" in the start menu or restart the system) and verify that the media keys now work better.
PS. To do the same for foobar2000 v0.9.6.2, the line to add is as follows: